Moringa Oil Properties
Moringa Oil exerts many therapeutic properties because of its unique nutrition.
- Antioxidant – Moringa oil has strong antioxidant capacity.
- Anti-inflammatory – The oil reduces inflammation both topically and internally.
- Anti-aging – The oil provides nutrition to your skin and relieves aging signs.
- Anti-microbial – It is traditionally used in Africa to purify water and is shown to reduce bacterial counts.
- Disinfectant – can be used to treat wounds.
- Carrier – It is excellent carrier oil for aromatic compounds.
- Hepatoprotective – Moringa oil protects the liver from damage.
- Emollient – Moringa oil is a great moisturiser for the skin.
- Preservative – This oil resists rancidity and also used as a preservative in certain products.
- Exfoliant – drives away dead skin cells.
- Enfleurage – Moringa oil absorbs the aroma of essential oils and other fragrant compounds like herbs, nuts, seeds, spices and chemicals. This makes it the perfect perfume base.
Where does Moringa Oil come from?
The Moringa Oleifera tree is native to the Himalayan foothills of India and Pakistan and is also found in parts of the Amazon. This tree grows long pods of seeds which contain high levels of B vitamins and Vitamin C.
Moringa Oil is extracted by cold pressing the seeds of the Moringa Oleifera tree. Seeds have an outer hull protecting an inner seed kernel, which on average, contains 40% oil by weight. Approximately 1,000 Moringa seeds are required to produce 2 oz (60 ml) of cold pressed oil, hence why the value of this particular oil is relatively higher than other oils.
Moringa's potent antioxidant profile, which gives the oil its remarkable stability, is also the reason it’s included in some of the best skin moisturisers, anti-aging creams, and other skin health products around the world.
Over 2 Years Shelf Life
Moringa oil is one of the most stable oils. It hardly gets rancid and can be used for many years. Though it is extracted using various processes, the healthiest one is the cold pressed oil which is what is used in Ritual Oils. It is denser, has more colour and even more taste than filtered or solvent extracted oils.
Ritual Oils absorb well deep into the 7 layers of the skin to nourish your very essence.
Moringa Oil is a super-food for the skin. There's no oil quite like it.
Buy Moringa Oil here in Australia today.